Monday, April 11, 2011

Subtle is Not That Subtle

My teachers make it obvious that thye don't approve of what I do, but act like they are the reason I am so "smart."  Like they have taught me so well, every compliment I get, is because they made me who I am.  uh, no, you did not.  You don't approve of the books I read.  You don't approve when I speak my mind.  You don't approve when I chase guys around the room when they insult my friend. You don't approve of what I wear.  You don't approve of the fact that I am me, and I am proud to be me.  SURPRISE!  I like who I am, because I do waht I want.  I am truly sorry that you are miserable in your life, and decide to point out the "problems," in mine.  I am happy with my ideas, and choices.  It is not my fault that you are unhappy.  I did not write your name on your marriage liscense.  I did not kill your son in a car accident.  I did not steal the man of your dreams.  Leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment